Scientist / Senior Scientist Pharmacology
Scientist / Senior Scientist, SO-C101 and SO-C108 IL-15-based immunotherapy program at Sotio, Prague
SOTIO, a. s. has an exciting career opportunity available in our Preclinical Development Dept., Prague. Bring your diverse experiences and work within an exceptional, science-focused environment. You will work with a team focused on the development of IL-15-based-based novel immunotherapies for treatment of cancer patients. You as a motivated and pro-active Scientist will be involved in in vivo and in vitro study designs and experimenting, and expertise evaluation aiming at understanding drug mechanisms of action, biomarkers, toxicity, and relevance to treatment of patients with unmet medical needs.
Key activities and responsibilities
- Provide expert scientific review and oversight to specific drug generation and development, immunology, molecular biology and biochemistry matters.
- Provide input on study design and initiate, conduct, and interpret data from in vitro and in vivo studies in close cooperation with CROs.
- Integrate data and present findings and interpretations in written and oral reports to peers, management, and third parties.
- Establish new assays and technologies for functional and mechanistic studies. Supporting team experimentally.
- Provide expertise to support the project team from early discovery to early clinical development.
- Work in an integrated project team and consult with subject matter experts as necessary.
- Additional roles include serving as a representative on project teams in the capacity of a drug development scientist.
Competences, skills and qualification
- PhD degree with advanced education and training preferentially in Immunology, but also in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Cellular Biology.
- Demonstrated familiarity with an experimental work and/or immunology/protein-oriented projects.
- Demonstrated previous experience with leading of a scientific project.
- Fluent written and spoken English (C1 level)
- An ability to work collaboratively in a matrixed, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Knowledge of flow cytometry technique