Head of Project Management
Head of Project Management with overall responsibility for pharmaceutical R&D stage projects.
- Main purpose: to create and own the development and execution of high-quality, realistic, cross-functional, strategic plans for a given drug development program.
- Execution: Leader of global drug development project team to ensure execution, strategic alignment of the program activities.
Establish overall development and commercial program strategy in collaboration with global project team and senior management.
- Alignment between program strategy and timely execution.
- Timely escalation of issues to Senior Management.
- Ensuring cost effectiveness of program.
Development of program strategies
- Lead PT.
- Serve as prime contact for all projects related questions.
- Management of program risks.
- Management of the program budget and resources.
- Ensures cost effectiveness of program.
- Ensures timely execution of program milestones.
- Ensure adherence to project plan and decisions taken.
- Facilitate decision making within project team.
- Establishment of goal oriented working environment within project team.
- Development of team goals in conjunction with senior management.
- Serve as project management representative in strategic collaborations with external partners.
- Applying best practice project management.
Decision Making Authority
- Communication, escalation and resolution of project team cross-functional issues.
- Priorisation of activities & resources (internal & external) for project team within boundaries of approved strategy.
- PT Deliverables (Goals, Project Plans, budgets).
- High level resource assessments for program including impact to ensure efficient use of approved resources, also in context of larger organization.
- Good command of English language, written and verbal.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Business oriented thinking, ability to balance investments versus risks.
- Ability to facilitate decision making.
- Highly advanced project management skills.
- Ability to think strategically across functions toward successful completion of projects.
- Seasoned interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and relationship management skills.
- Ability to interface effectively cross-functionally and at all levels, including Senior Management.
- Strong cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Ability to influence behaviors and outcomes in the absence of direct authority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly and effectively present information formally and informally.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity and foresight in anticipating and solving complex program issues.
- Proactive, takes initiative.
- Goal oriented and results driven.
- Ability to coach, mediate, motivate, and communicate vision/mission, and provide career path and technical advice to direct reports.
- Experience in change management.
Skills and Qualification
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences, M.D. or a relevant field.
- Advanced degree preferred or strong demonstration of equivalent combination of relevant educational and professional training in pharmaceutical product development.
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience with relevant experience within the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare related field.
- Minimum of 5 years with relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry in managing and/or leading cross-functional drug development project teams.
- Experience with development of biologics at preclinical and clinical stage.
- Used to manage budgets according to sound financial principles for drug development projects
- International collaboration and experience of working with different cultures
- Solid scientific understanding
- Experience in working in strategic partnerships
- Drug Development and Commercialization knowledge with advanced understanding of other functions; including, but not limited to, Research, Pre-Clinical, Clinical, Manufacturing and Operations, Commercial, Regulatory, and Scientific Affairs
- Application of Project Management tools, methodologies, practices
- Working Knowledge of Project Management principles and practices
- Experience in doing Risk Analysis, Decision Analysis and Contingency Planning